"Every day, in every way, connecting children, youth and families to Christ."
FIRST CHURCH KIDS
Each Sunday morning we offer a nursery for your little ones and classes are made available for kids of every age through 5th grade.
In those classes, your child will walk through the Bible and learn how it relates to Jesus in an age-appropriate way. The classes are always energetic, fun and taught by committed volunteers and staff.
Children's programs for ages 3 to 5th grade are provided on the second floor during both the 9:15 AM and 10:45 AM worship services. Nursery care for children ages 2 and under is provided with love downstairs from 8:45 AM to noon for the littlest members of our church family!
We also seek to help equip parents to train their children in connecting their family to Christ. We want our First Church Kids to be excited about God, and we want your family to talk about their faith together throughout the week.
We have many special events, programs, and ministries planned for the whole family. To learn more about the exciting new directions of Family Ministries at First Church and upcoming events, contact us and request a brochure!
During the school year on Wednesday nights we have an AWANA program that helps our learn about God through Scripture memory and Bible lessons. Learn more about our AWANA program.
SAFETY & SECURITY
Here at First Church we take the safety and security of your children seriously.
- Each children's worker has had a thorough background check
- Every child required to check in and must be picked up by an adult with matching check in (this is optional for kids in 4th-5th grades)
- Our workers are required to attend training sessions throughout the year
FIRST CHURCH YOUTH
Our student ministry meets every Monday night from 6-8pm. This is for both Jr. High and Sr., 4th -12th grade. During our time the 4th-6th and 7th-12th grade have their own classes that are designed to engage students with age-age-appropirate content and discussions. All of our youth ministries are led by well qualified youth workers who love to encourage and teach students in their walk with God.
We believe parents play the number one role in discipling students and do all we can to help them in that process. We connect weekly with parents, informing them what the students are learning while providing helpful tips and advice along the way
FIRST CHURCH ADULT DISCIPLESHIP
There are many opportunities at First Church for Adults to grow in their faith, and to deepen their relationships with God and others:
- Weekday short-term classes are offered throughout the year
- United Methodist Women (UMW) circles and events, and the United Methodist Men (UMM) breakfast and Bible study provide opportunities for fellowship, learning, and service
- Sunday morning classes are held during both worship services
- Spiritual retreats are offered annually for men and women; additionally, the New-Ark Area Emmaus Community (hosted by First Church) provides several spiritual renewal events each year
Stop by the 'Welcome Center' for information about the currently available classes.
Persons are also encouraged to grow in their discipleship by serving. Service opportunities are available both within the church and out in the community.
Our 'Called 2 Serve' Catalog is published every few months to let folks know of the available service opportunities.